The next step was to find a battery-powered vehicle that was more symmetrical and flat to support the weight and accommodate the geometrical shapes of the Falcon. I had purchased a second Radio Flyer Landspeeder for $75 when Toys R Us was closing. I cracked open the box and began to put it together.
I took measurements of the Landspeeder and created some basic visual overlays with the Millennium Falcon. This allowed me to create a grid and take initial measurements of the parts and pieces. I was going to use thin wood supports underneath to hold it together, but later in the build I opted for anchors and zip ties.
I used Loctite foam glue to connect the pieces of foam once there were cut. The next step was trying to figure out a way to create a smooth transition between the levels of foam. I used expanding spray foam to fill a lot of the void, which in hindsight was a bad idea. It is temperamental and it took a lot of time cutting and repairing to avoid cracks later on in the spackling process.
The next step was priming all of the exposed sides and cutting out the remaining shapes that were going to be attached via zip ties and held in place by pressure created from the fitment on the Landspeeder frame. I ordered two strands of LEDs on Amazon and attached on the rear to create the lighting effect seen on the original vehicle. It can be controlled via remote and it's a simple battery-powered setup.